Created: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:18:34 EST
Updated: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:18:34 EST
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. SKIES COULD BECOME CELLPHONE-FRIENDLY
Federal regulators are considering changing "outdated" rules against making calls during passenger flights.
2. RIFT THREATENS AFGHAN PACT
Karzai wants to hold off on completing the agreement until after elections in Afghanistan next April. The U.S. says that such a delay could be a deal-breaker.
3. WHAT'S THE TALK OF THE SENATE
Democrats vote to curb the body's hallowed tradition of the filibuster, clearing the way for speedier confirmation of presidential appointees.
4. IN ARIZONA, 'CAUSE FOR GRAVE ALARM'
Thousands of calls to a state hotline alleging child abuse or neglect were never investigated, officials discover.
5. THREE WOMEN FREED AFTER 30 YEARS IN CAPTIVITY
The rescues in London are announced after the arrests of two people in an investigation into domestic slavery.
6. DALLAS LOOKS BACK 50 YEARS TO FATEFUL DAY
The city aims for somber, respectful ceremonies on the anniversary of JFK's assassination, focusing on his legacy.
7. BOEING 747 LANDS AT WRONG AIRPORT
A jumbo jet whose pilot seemed confused touches down at a small facility in Kansas instead of its intended destination, a nearby Air Force base.
8. WHO MIGHT HELP GET RID OF SYRIA'S CHEMICAL WEAPONS
Private companies are being invited to bid on the disarmament project.
9. POLICE ON LOOKOUT FOR 'KNOCKOUT' ATTACKS
A violent game linked to teenage males has the simple goal of knocking an unsuspecting bystander out cold with one blow. Some victims in the U.S. have died.
10. WHY SCIENTISTS WERE DAZZLED IN APRIL
Telescopes captured a giant cosmic blast reminiscent of the Big Bang. If it had been closer, Earth would have been reduced to a cinder.