Electrical problem blamed for fatal Ga fire

Tools
  • Print
  • 0 Comments
By AP

Created:

Updated: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 02:16:01 EST

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say an electrical problem likely is to blame for a house fire that killed a toddler in Barrow County. A statement from investigators says 18-month-old Kaharma Knight was sleeping in the room where the fire began on Wednesday. The Athens Banner-Herald (http://bit.ly/17S268N ) reports that the statement says an electrical failure occurred, and the blaze spread quickly inside the house. An autopsy shows the child died from smoke inhalation.

What's on WGXA

What's On Now

6:00 AM - The Insider

What's On Next

6:30 AM - Entertainment Tonight

Tonight

8:00 PM Hell's Kitchen

9:00 PM Red Band Society

10:00 PM WGXA News @ 10pm

What's On Now

5:30 AM - WGXA Morning News

What's On Next

7:00 AM - Good Morning America

Tonight

8:00 PM The Middle

8:30 PM The Goldbergs

9:00 PM Modern Family

9:30 PM Black-ish

10:00 PM Nashville