Fire Breaks Out in Crawford County Apartment

Tools
  • Print
  • 0 Comments
By WGXA Staff

Created:

Updated: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:36:30 EST

An apartment fire in Crawford County displaces two families from their homes.

The fire started around 1pm Sunday afternoon at the Roberta Housing Authority in Roberta.

The Crawford County Fire Department says the blaze started in a home after the stove was accidentally left on. The fire then spread to the house next door.

One family of three and another family of four lived in the homes.

"The fire went up into the wall into the attic system and therefore catching the neighbors house on fire as well." -- Randall Pate, Crawford County Fire Department Chief

Luckily no one was injured. Both families say they'll stay with family members who live near by.

What's on WGXA

What's On Now

3:00 PM - The Queen Latifah Show

What's On Next

4:00 PM - Family Feud

Tonight

8:00 PM Master Chef

9:00 PM Hotel Hell

10:00 PM WGXA News @ 10pm

What's On Now

3:30 PM - The Middle

What's On Next

4:00 PM - How I Met Your Mother

Tonight

8:00 PM The Bachelorette 10

10:00 PM The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose