Created: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:37:00 EST
Updated: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:16:29 EST
WGXA-TV, FOX24 of Macon, LLC, in beautiful and sunny Macon, GA, DMA 118, is currently accepting applications for part-time Production Assistants to work with our news department on the many newscasts that are broadcasted across 2 stations in the Macon DMA: WGXA DT1 (FOX 24) & WGXA DT2 (ABC 16).
These entry-level positions are ideal for individuals with a desire to join a rapidly expanding news staff.
Production Assistants must be capable of handling multiple tasks. This position is primarily responsible for the technical set-up, execution, and breakdown of running a live news program.
Production Assistants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Organization and time management skills are a must. Position reports to the Production Manager, Mitchell Brinkley III. Compensation based on experience.
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• Reliable, positive, and self-motivated individual with strong personal integrity
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Capable of handling multiple tasks
• Ability and willingness to expertly execute tasks of small manual labor (climbing ladders, lifting 40 Lbs., manipulating electrical equipment)
• Exceptional team working skills
• Experience in lighting, videography, typing, and spell checking is not required, but is a plus
• Proficiency in television production
• Understanding of news and television terminology
• Proficiency in computer software applications such as ENPS, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and other computer applications is not required, but is a plus
• Experience in the following during live, local newscasts: camera, graphics, audio, teleprompter
• Operating cameras, feeding lines of script to the on-air talent, displaying graphics, or mixing audio during a live telecast
• Aiming and/or replacing bulbs in the light fixtures
• Upkeep of the studio including, but not limited to: sweeping the set, wiping down counters, and organizing equipment
• Maintaining a fun, collaborative and effective work environment
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Mitchell Brinkley III at mbrinkley@NewsCentralGA.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants received by May 1, 2013.