Created: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:37:00 EST
Updated: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 02:29:03 EST
WGXA-TV, FOX24 and ABC16 in beautiful, sunny Macon, Georgia, is currently accepting applications for part-time Production Assistant.
The position spans a variety of jobs that work together to produce newscasts for FOX 24 and ABC 16.
This entry-level, part-time position is ideal for individuals with a desire to join a rapidly expanding news staff. This position is primarily responsible for the technical set-up, operation, and breakdown of a live news program.
Production Assistants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and time management skills.
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• Reliable, positive, and self-motivated individual with strong personal integrity
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Capable of taking direction and handling multiple tasks
• Ability and willingness to expertly execute tasks of small manual labor (climbing ladders, lifting 40 Lbs., manipulating electrical equipment)
• Exceptional team working skills
• Experience in lighting, videography, typing, and spell checking
• Proficiency in television production
• Understanding news and television terminology
• Proficiency in computer software applications such as ENPS, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and other computer applications
• Experience in the operation of equipment used in producing live newscasts: studio camera, graphics, audio
• Operating cameras, displaying graphics, or mixing audio during a live telecast
• Aiming and/or replacing bulbs in the light fixtures
• Upkeep of the studio including, but not limited to: sweeping the set, wiping down counters, and organizing equipment
If you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please go to the Sinclair Broadcasting Group's Career Page by clicking here. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.