Created: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:37:00 EST
Updated: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 04:12:22 EST
WGXA-TV, FOX24 of Macon, LLC, in beautiful and sunny Macon, GA, DMA 118, is currently accepting applications for part-time Production Assistants to work with our news department on the many newscasts that are broadcasted across 2 stations in the Macon DMA: WGXA DT1 (FOX 24) & WGXA DT2 (ABC 16).
These entry-level positions are ideal for individuals with a desire to join a rapidly expanding news staff.
Production Assistants must be capable of handling multiple tasks. This position is primarily responsible for the technical set-up, execution, and breakdown of running a live news program.
Production Assistants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Organization and time management skills are a must. Position reports to the Production Manager, Mitchell Brinkley III. Compensation based on experience.
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• Reliable, positive, and self-motivated individual with strong personal integrity
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Capable of handling multiple tasks
• Ability and willingness to expertly execute tasks of small manual labor (climbing ladders, lifting 40 Lbs., manipulating electrical equipment)
• Exceptional team working skills
• Experience in lighting, videography, typing, and spell checking is not required, but is a plus
• Proficiency in television production
• Understanding of news and television terminology
• Proficiency in computer software applications such as ENPS, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and other computer applications is not required, but is a plus
• Experience in the following during live, local newscasts: camera, graphics, audio, teleprompter
• Operating cameras, feeding lines of script to the on-air talent, displaying graphics, or mixing audio during a live telecast
• Aiming and/or replacing bulbs in the light fixtures
• Upkeep of the studio including, but not limited to: sweeping the set, wiping down counters, and organizing equipment
• Maintaining a fun, collaborative and effective work environment
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Mitchell Brinkley III at mbrinkley@NewsCentralGA.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled, but preference will be given to applicants received by May 1, 2013.
Click HERE to print or download the WGXA Employment Application in pdf format.